Gm's addon info

Jun 14, 2010 at 1:17 PM
hi everyone !! i tryed a GAMEMASTER's(Gm's) addon on a running private server of wow but it says that i have no access to these (Gm's) commands from the server. if i make my own customize addon in WowAddonStudio, with that can i make items,gold or etc.. ???. can i penetrate in a running server ?? i saw some guys doing that, they add gold when you give them your user&pass to them of world of warcraft's original server. i know that is possible but don't know how.. plz guide me thnx codeplex
Jun 15, 2010 at 10:06 AM

First of all, never give your username and account password to anyone ever!

Secondly, addons using LUA and XML cant interface with the GM commands as these are private blizzard functions are are all blocked.  Furthermore, on public servers the GM's have modified versions of the game with additional interfaces allowing them to port anywhere, do other gm stuff.  Private servers are much different to a public one, this is a customised server and doesnt resemble the methods used by Blizzards GM's or the same interface used. 

The only way to get gold in game safely is to play the game how it is intended, do dailys etc, and if you even consider buying gold from a company you risk losing your account as its in breach of Blizzards terms of play and no gold is worth that much.

Its far more easier in game to collect gold than it was 5 years ago.

Jun 17, 2010 at 6:31 AM

i got you point and thnx for replying,

i am not playing on the blizzard's server, i am playing on "itrwow.com" and there thing are very hard and also hard to get gears. they need money $ if i wast somthing batter there like mount 310%, good costumized gear, extra telents points and break soulbound and etc..

some who not pay can't stand against who play mean in battleground,arena and duel.

my point was, can i make anything in a running server like gold or any gear with the help of an addon in "WowAddonStudio" or not ?  its like hacking but will it work or i can just only make GUI addons like "Questhelper"

thnx

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:04 AM

No you cant write a addon to give you gold or items.  Addons can't interact with the 3D world directly and many of the API functions available to addon authors are protected such as the movement/targetting functions - this prevents bot programs etc.