I'm a instrested noobie in creating an addon

Jul 17, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Hi people.

Last time I ever did any kind of coding it was only in BASIC long time ago x-)

I have something like just over a week of free time, I am unable to  play WoW  as my game card ran out.

So I would like to devote sometime in learning about and creating addons.

Where would be the best place to start. if it requires coding in C+ C++ then I'm lost right away.

I have absolutely no idea what I need , can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks upfront if you can

Jul 17, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Zerker,

Your best bet would be to take a look at WoWWiki.com. Their interface customization page has pretty much all the info you'd ever need to know about coding addons. It also includes tutorials to create some really basic addons. The addon studio homepage also has some links at the bottom for articles and books you can reference as well.

Jul 18, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Many thanks Ultionis

To: [email removed]
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 08:49:03 -0700
Subject: Re: I'm a instrested noobie in creating an addon [AddOnStudio:219766]

Zerker,
Your best bet would be to take a look at WoWWiki.com. Their interface customization page has pretty much all the info you'd ever need to know about coding addons. It also includes tutorials to create some really basic addons. The addon studio homepage also has some links at the bottom for articles and books you can reference as well.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (AddOnStudio@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email AddOnStudio@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Get a free e-mail account with Hotmail. Sign-up now.