frame names

May 6, 2008 at 4:25 AM
ok, ill try to break this down as best as possible...im really new with Lua and have never really been all that great with any programming language so help would be appreciated.

i have created an addon that is a single frame (the frame name was the default one when you create a new project with warcraft addon studio). I have a button that closes the frame.
i also created another addon that i am using for testing new features for the actual addon im making. the frame name is the same as the other addon.

now the problem i am having is that when i use frame1:Hide(); on my main addon it closes the frame from my testing addon but not my main addon.

I tried changing the name of my main addons frame to something different (its called wpmframe) but when i did that the addon just stopped working altogether.

so afterwards i created a new addon and right away renamed the frame to something else. when i did that and double clicked on the frame (to create the _OnLoad(); function) i got this error: object reference not set to an instance of an object.

so, basically what i am wondering is can i change the frames names and if i can how do i do it so that i wont get that error, or if not, then how can i make it so that when i use functions specifically for my addon so that it wont affect any other addons.

Please help me!!!
May 6, 2008 at 9:02 PM
K, never mind, figured it out! im a tool :P