help me with addon studio plz

May 26, 2008 at 6:08 PM
Hello there i am new to the addon world and i am having some difficulty developing my first addon.  I originally downloaded the program because all the posts i had seen about it on other sites said that it build the xml for you now i am avid in the html code but xml is a foriegn language to me.  Yet as i started i noticed that the majority of all that had to be done in most cases was that I myself had to write the xml myself.  Can neone tell me if im missing something or if that is how it works you write it and it shows you wut u write in the xml format.  Plz help me on this matter any site that could help or show me a little about how to do this would be a great help. I have visited every site that i could find but none of the information listed helped to clarify anything they only showed examples of of stuff that worked on their wesites but gave no information as to help w/ an addon. Plz if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate.
Coordinator
Jun 10, 2008 at 12:36 AM
I would suggest buying the World of Warcraft Programming Book found here - http://www.wowprogramming.com/store as it's the best resource for showing you how AddOns, work, the Lua programming language, and how to build a real-world addon.

Cheers,
-Dan