First Tutorial

Jun 1, 2008 at 8:11 PM
I see the frame in the first tutorial but absolutely not actions take place when I click a player or the close button.  I checked the XML file and toc.  They are both pointed at the right lua file.  All of the events are in the XML file with the right frame names. I get no error in WOW.  This is the only add-on currently running.  What could I be missing?
Coordinator
Jun 10, 2008 at 12:34 AM

fadefrommemory wrote:
I see the frame in the first tutorial but absolutely not actions take place when I click a player or the close button.  I checked the XML file and toc.  They are both pointed at the right lua file.  All of the events are in the XML file with the right frame names. I get no error in WOW.  This is the only add-on currently running.  What could I be missing?

Hmm, it's hard to say, but perhaps try using print("test") within the function calls to make sure the event is being triggered. Also, by default wow hides Lua errors. Make sure you enable them by right-clicking and going to the Interface options. There you will see an option labeled "Display Lua Errors" that must be checked.

Also, you may want to verify that you haven't inadvertantly renamed a control or frame in the xml code. For example, renaming a button or renaming a button click event, where it tries to fire a button1_click event but you renamed it to CloseButton_click. You can right-click on the designer and select "View Code" to see the xml and use Find/Replace to search the file.

Good luck,
-Dan