Project Creation Error: Any Fix?

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Every time I try to make a new project the following error occurs (http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4581/errorsls.jpg).

I had an old version of addon studio, uninstalled it, and installed the newest release (V2 BETA 2)

Ever since installation, i can't create a project. Does anyone know how to resolve the above error? Thanks in advance!
Coordinator
Feb 22, 2009 at 5:53 PM
A couple of questions, which version of AddOn Studio did you previously have installed, v1 or v2? Also, the error looks like it's trying to open an existing project rather than creating a project. It could be that an existing wowproj file had settings change. Does the error happen when you click File...New Project...?
Feb 22, 2009 at 6:19 PM
I previously had V1. Yes the error occurs when attempting to create a completely new project. I also found this strange because as you said it does look like it is trying to open an existing project; i don't get it.
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2009 at 5:05 AM
Can you try uninstalling again and before re-installing, making sure that the following are deleted:

Before Getting Started
Before following these directions, remember, as you might imagine, caveats apply, backup your registry, do a system restore backup, backup your projects (they live inside the Documents\WowAddOnStudio directory), backup any files, etc

Uninstall
Using Add\Remove Programs

Manual Deletion
Folders:
- Program Files\AddOn Studio for World of Warcraft\
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\$username$\My Documents\WowAddOnStudio or on Vista at: C:\Users\$username$\Documents\WowAddOnStudio

Registry
You may also consider deleting the registry hive at:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\AppEnv\9.0\Apps\WowAddonStudio

Re-install v2B2 and see if it works :)

Feb 23, 2009 at 5:28 AM
Whats the best way to edit my registry? Thanks!
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2009 at 3:27 PM
You can find a bunch of tools and instructions online, but I just use the built-in Registry Editing tool regedit.exe. Go to a command prompt and type "regedit" to open it. Then navigate the registry hierarchy until you find the WowAddOnStudio key above, then right click and delete it (which will delete all of its children key/values).

Cheers,
-Dan
Feb 23, 2009 at 4:09 PM
That worked perfectly!!! Thanks so much!