How to make a Multiline EditBox look like is Multiline

Mar 16, 2009 at 10:43 PM
I've been messing with the EditBox's properties for *hours* and I keep seeing a single line EditBox. The text is multiline (It jumps down when I hit Enter) and it just exit's the boundaries of the EditBox. Anyone knows how to fix this or at least hide the borders and background so I can just expand the edit box to a frame and pretend the frame is the edit box?
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2009 at 3:14 AM
Unfortunately, we can only do AddOn Studio support here. If you have a general question on building an addon, I'd suggest trying the UI and Macros forum -
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=11114&sid=1

or check out our learning resources (copy/pasted from home page)

What are some recommended resources for learning how to build Warcraft AddOns?

If all else fails, I'd suggest downloading an addon that has the feature you're looking for and inspect its Lua and FrameXML.

Thanks,
-Dan
Apr 11, 2009 at 8:44 PM
In a text editor, I created a scrollframe object and created an editbox as its scrollchild.  This does what I want my addon to do, and presumably what I think the original poster (jsoldi) was trying to do.

I cannot reproduce this xml in AddOn Studio.  I grabbed a scrollframe from the AddOn Studio toolbox and dragged it into the design area, then tried to set its ScrollChildren property to include an editbox, however, it seems I can only set it to <Frame> scrollchildren.  How do I create an <Editbox> scrollchild of a scrollframe object using the AddOn Studio?

I want my ScrollFrame XML to look something like this when I'm done:
<ScrollFrame name=myScrollFrame>
    ...stuff not relevant to this post...
    <ScrollChild>
        <EditBox name=myEditBox>
        ...more irrelevant stuff...
        </EditBox>
    </ScrollChild>
</ScrollFrame>