[Suggestion] Allow to add multiple directories to the solution explorer

May 24, 2009 at 10:30 AM
Edited May 24, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Hello,

First of all I want to say thank you for outstanding application.

I'm currently using Visual Studio 2008 for various things including as my lua / xml editor for WoW, I would like to change that and instead use Addon Studio, the only thing that bothers me the most is that I can't seems to add multiple directories to the solution explorer.

Currently you can import an addon, or add an individual project to a solution, what I ask is the ability to add a folder, or multiple folders that are not necessarily an addon, so if one wishes he/she can add the whole Interface\Addons to a single project.

Sometimes it is convenient so for whenever you want to maintain some addons, create new ones and you just want to browse through the code and copy / paste some parts of it, etc ...

Coordinator
May 26, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to add this to the Issue Tracker as a feature suggestion. There isn't a good workaround for this today unfortunately, but I could imagine a way to do this for all projects. There will be some challenges here in ensuring that if we do this, the performance doesn't slow to a crawl (ex: validating every FrameXML file in the solution or parsing every Lua function in every addon).

Thanks,

-Dan

Coordinator
May 26, 2009 at 4:46 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.