RSS FeedReader

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I have the FeedReader addon in the correct location, and it runs fine. However, could someone please show me how to add an RSS Feed to it? I'm a bit confused about how to do that. I tried to read the "Readme" but I did'nt think it helped all that much. Any ideas? Maybe a brief step by step tutorial of how to do it?

Thanks,

Xystus777

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Did "anyone" actually get the FeedReader to work? I have no idea how to add a Feed to it, and the readme isn't really helping me understand what to do. Please and thank you.

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2009 at 3:34 PM

To set this up, you'll need to add feeds to Internet Explorer. Go to a site or blog that has RSS feeds and click the RSS icon to add the feed.

You also need to be running Windows Vista (since you need the RSS API support) and you need to be running the client app WowFeedGrabber which converts RSS to Lua and saves it in your saved variables.

There is an updated version to download from here - http://www.c4fbook.com/media/p/48.aspx

Thanks,

-Dan

Jun 10, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Well, I appear to be having trouble running the client app WowFeedGrabber. Any info about that?