Still can't see imported frames in the designer

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:49 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2009 at 12:03 AM

What the title says.

If I import a frame, or open an existing project containing frame xml, I can't see the design unless I use ctrl-a to select all objects, when at least I can see the borders.

After a break because I couldn't get it working and no responses were offered, I downloaded the latest version and have the same problem.

This happens even if I uninstall and re-install.

This is annoying because it used to work ok. Is something not uninstalling which is causing the problem?

I didn;t get any responses last time; would be nice to see some ideas. Before it happend, it was a great product (and most probably still is!)

This is what I see: http://www.deathlessfire.co.uk/images/nodesigner.jpg

Thanks...

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2009 at 6:18 PM

This is clearly a bug. I'm not sure what the cause is without looking at the FrameXML. Can you zip up the addon so we can see what's going on here to address this bug?

Thanks,

-Dan

Jun 12, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Zipped to here:

http://www.deathlessfire.co.uk/addons/MagnaDKP.zip

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I found that if I create a new project with new frames, I can see the frame designer even if I reload the project.

However, if I add a frame from my old project, I can't see the designer :(

It must be something to do with the xml, but I can't see what.

Will keep trying to change bits until I can see it.

Jun 12, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I figured it out.

The frame's Hidden property was set to True.
Setting it to False means I can see the frame in the designer again.

Please tell me that's an oversight.

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:20 PM

hmm maybe it's an oversight, maybe not.

For info, I would expect to still be able to design a frame, even when the frame's Hidden property is set to true.
That would be consistent with Visual studio anyway.

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2009 at 10:47 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.