Installer Request

Jul 13, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I have the usual error that i see floating around the discussions.  I run the installer just at the end of the install it fails to find something and rolls back. 

i downloaded the alternate installer as proved if that one failed, and same issue with fail.

I realize my install path to wow is not the default path, it is E:\World of Warcraft

i dont see that i can just copy/paste that 15+gb folder onto my system "C:\" drive for i only allocated enough space for vista its upgrades and a page file.

i keep my program installs on seperate drives to take full advantage of multi read writes on 4 harddrives.

What im asking is i guess is there a way to get a good install, with out moving my entire game, " i would actually have to reinstall vista fresh, repartition the drive to allocate enough space for wow".

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2009 at 6:53 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Hey DrShow - Yes, we have tested what's called a Copy/Paste installation.

Fix

1. Right click on e:\World of Warcraft\launcher.exe and select "Run as Administrator"
  2. Run Warcraft, login to the game and logout
  3. Run the setup.exe as an Administrator
  4. The installer should "just work"

If it doesn't, let us know.

Thanks,
-Dan

Jul 21, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Oh this might be my problem. My installation path is F:\Games\World of Warcraft\ though neither i can copy it to C:\ that's just my tiny system drive.

My OS is Windows XP, and i have no option to "run as administrator". Any ideas?

Jul 27, 2009 at 8:00 PM
Edited Jul 27, 2009 at 8:15 PM

first just wanted to thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.  I followed the steps provided with no luck.

www.shawnsspace.com/images/fail.jpeg   is a link to the error message screen shot i took.

Is there any log or info i can provide to further trouble shoot this install.

Below is the admin log from error in admin Event Viewer from vista.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MsiInstaller
Date:          7/27/2009 1:53:25 PM
Event ID:      11721
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          TRIMORPHIA\Shawn
Computer:      Trimorphia
Description:
Product: AddOn Studio for World of Warcraft -- Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: _0871FDEB_D967_4BC5_B9E7_47A6E4584503, location: C:\Program Files\AddOn Studio for World of Warcraft\WowAddonStudio.exe, command: /remove

Aug 13, 2009 at 7:24 AM

I have the same problem,

Installation fails after: Extracting schema Files from World of Warcraft..

I started WoW through the launcher.exe as Administrator, Registry is set to the correct WoW-Directory.

Maybe there is a Problem with Patch 3.2?