Installation problem

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:45 AM

Hello. There's two files in the .zip i downloaded to install this program. One is called "setup.exe" and one "WowAddonStudio.msi"

When i ran the first one, it installed Visual Studio or something, and then it ran the other file automatically. But when i try and install the Studio itself, it says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this instal could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Sorry if it was already answered. Thanks!

Jul 23, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Ok thanks for help. Now i got 100MB of some otherwise useless program stuck on my C drive, i cannot get rid of it, but i cannot continue the installation either. AND, i got the old version of this program stuck in my computer, not able to uninstall it, AND i keep getting some stupid Visual Studio pop-up messages.

Thanks for the assistance.  -_-

Jul 23, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Ok, after RE-downloading the old version of addon studio, spending half an hour searching for and deleting keys in the registry, installing the old version again, and THEN i was able to install this. You got some pretty screwed installer.