problem building addon studio, cannot recognize 'wixproj' project type

Oct 13, 2009 at 7:43 AM

When I open WowAddonStudio.xln in visual studio, I receive an error that "'c:\...\trunk\src\WowaddonSTduio.Setup\WowAddonStudio.Setup.wixproj' cannot be opened because its project type (.wixproj) is not supported by this version of the application.".

If I dismiss that warning, I receive another warning "Unable to read the project file 'WowAddonStudio.Setup.cUstomActions.csproj'.  c:\...trunk\src\WowAddonStduio.SEtup.cUstomActions\WowAddonSTudio.Setup.CustomaCtions.csproj(81,11): The imported project 'c:\program files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WiX\v2.0\Wix.CA.targets' was not found.  Confirm that the path in the <Import> declartion is correct, and that the file exists on disk'.

It would seem that I need to install WIX, as there is nothing on my machien at "c:\program files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WiX".

Last, thinking maybe I can ignore these problems, when I try to build the Shell\WowAddonStudio project, I receive the warning "Unable to copy file "..\References\AnkhSvnPackage\SharpPlink-Win32.svnExe" to ...".  There was a References\AnkhSvnPackage directory downloaded when I got the source, but it does not have the specified file.

Is there an installer I need for WiX?  I found a download with the "Wix.CA.targets" file, but copying that download to the expected path did not work (and I did not find a regular installer). 

I have installed the Visual Studio 2008 SDK from the links in the build notes.  I am using Visual Studio 2008 version 9.0.30729.1 SP, running on WindowsXP with the latest updates.  The build notes I am using are at  http://addonstudio.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=BuildNotes.

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2009 at 5:59 AM

Yes, you need to install WiX (WIndows Installer XML) that is required for the project that builds the installer. You can install it from here: http://wix.sf.net

Let me know if you still have problems after downloading and installing WiX.

Gabor