Project Dead

Dec 1, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Hey guys,

Just wondering if this project has died or if you guys have any plans on a future release?

I love this application and find it fairly useful when writting addons, so hopefully we can presuade you to keep at it!

Thanks!

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Hey docseuss - Thanks for the feedback :)

One option we're considering is to change AddOn Studio from being just an IDE for building addons, but to being a general-purpose Lua development IDE. We could then have different addons for different games (Warcraft, Warhammer, any other Lua-extensible PC game) that users could plug & play.

May 18, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I would also hate to see this project just stop dead in its tracks.  I'm very new to WoW addon development and I believe I was "told" about this wonderful IDE in the Second Edition of the book World of Warcraft Programming by James Whitehead and Rick Roe.  (http://wowprogramming.com/)

Using AddOn Studio has made my first project much easier and I can see how much it can do for a someone completely new to programming (which I'm not...but I like good tools anyway). 

Guys, please don't let this project slip into oblivion.  You have a wonderful product here that anyone who buys the Whitehead/Roe book will know about.  I truly hope that you continue development.

Thanks and great work!

May 19, 2010 at 2:22 PM

My apologies...

The book I heard about this project in is actually:  Beginning Lua with World of Warcraft Addons by Paul Emmerich.

Thanks again.