.wowsuo File Extension

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:59 PM
Edited Dec 21, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I was just wanting to bring something up. I searched, but couldn't find a discussion about this. 

I am thankful I was able to see some source code from a google search to see that this is a settings or options file for addon studio.

I was frightened half to death a few minutes ago when I was copying my addon I am developing to a network drive.

It appears there is a .wowsuo game account thief trojan out there. Thank goodness, this was not it, just a valid file that is

supposed to be there. I just wanted to give a heads up, that the file extension is what flagged it, but investigating it was

obviously a fine file associated with addon studio.  It appears the threat started showing up Nov 9th of this year.  Just

thought I would say something in case someone else gets a false alarm and has a heart attack.  :)

Edit: Oh, I really love addon studio by the way. Just occasionally I cannot add any new things to a frame in the XML designer,

I have to manually add it in XML, then reopen it.  You have 150% support from me, I can't live without this tool. :)