AddOn Studio for World of Warcraft v2 BETA
AddOn Studio v2 Beta is now available!!
For software and hardware requirements, please read the Version2readme
- You do not need Visual Studio installed to use AddOn Studio. AddOn Studio is a completely standalone IDE
- Download and extract the zip file into a directory
- Run setup.exe
- Note: If you do not have the .NET Framework 3.5 installed, AddOn Studio will download and install it which may take 30+ minutes for download and installation.
- You may be prompted to install the C++ redistributable if you have not done so before
- You may see a message saying the Visual Studio Isolated Shell has not been installed, if the installer does not install that automatically, navigate to the "vsshell" directory and double click the vs_shell.msi to install the shell. After the Shell is installed, re-run the setup.exe
- After installing, if you have never done so, follow the steps in the Version2readme to install the Warcraft AddOn Kit (2.2.1).
What's New in this Beta release?
For a full list of features in AddOn Studio v2, please visit the SneakPreviewOfVersion2.0
page. Screenshots of new features coming soon!
- FrameXML Designer rendering for complex AddOns
- The splash screen and product versions still say 1.0
- The documentation has not been updated
- WowBench may fail with security issues
- Importing from WowAce may fail with an error saying the import did not work because the file is in use by another process
- The Lua console window may fail to load
- Warcraft API IntelliSense may be outdated
- Please add additional bugs to the Issue Tracker :)