You can find all information required to build AddOn Studio for World of Warcraft on this wiki page.
AddOn Studio for World of Warcraft is based on the Visual Studio 2008 Shell (Isolated Mode) and includes three traditional Visual Studio packages (VSPackages). The Shell consists of two native C++ projects whereas the other projects are all written in C#.
You need the following software installed to be able to build WowAddonStudio:
Downloading the source
CodePlex provides multiple ways to access the source code of the hosted projects. If you would like to contribute, we recommend the CodePlex Client
. The source can also be downloaded as a single zip file from the Source Code tab
where you can find additional instructions as well.
Building AddOn Studio using Visual Studio 2008
- Open WowAddonStudio.sln in Visual Studio 2008 that contains all projects and make sure all projects loaded fine.
- Change the configuration on the toolbar from Debug to Release, if you would like to create a release.
- Right-click the WowAddonStudio project node in Solution Explorer and click Build.
- After WowAddonStudio and its dependencies build, a folder is created under the src folder called Debug or Release depending on the current configuration. All binaries and additional content (documentation, templates, tutorials, readme.html) are copied here.
- As part of the build process, WowAddonStudio is run with the /setup flag and its registry hive is created. For more information on how the Visual Studio Shell works, refer to the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK documentation.
Building AddOn Studio using the command-line
Make sure you have downloaded HtmlAgilityPack and copied the binary under $(SolutionDir)\References\HtmlAgilityPack\bin. Run the following command in a Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt
in the src
folder: msbuild WowAddonStudio.sln /p:Configuration=Release
Creating an installer for AddOn Studio for World of Warcraft